What is HoCo?
Pfoho's House Committee (HoCo) is the student organization in Pfoho that works to ensure that students' voices are heard, and that Pfoho flourishes as a community for everyone. If you are a member of Pfoho, you are automatically a member of HoCo. Come to the weekly meetings at 9pm on Tuesdays in the Hastings Room and get involved!
HoCo is also takes the lead on a number of House events and traditions. These include:
- Sophomore Re-Opening Days weekend: The House welcomes its new sophomores with four days of orientation, socializing and activities
- Harvard-Yale Tailgate: home-made chili and drink, all day at the Game.
- Housing Day video: HoCo is responsible for creating the annual housing day video. For the past three years, we have been voted first or second place each year!
- Housing Day celebrations: Pfoho delegates welcome newly assigned freshmen to the best House on campus, complete in bear costumes, and bearing loads of swag and goodies
- Stein Clubs and Pfortuna: Rotating themed parties and happy hours
- Quadded! A celebration (with Currier and Cabot) of the best neighborhood on campus
- Quad Spring Formal: One of the biggest dances of the year, undertaken in collaboration with Currier and Cabot
HoCo works all year to plan these and many other events, and always welcomes new suggestions!
HoCo Leadership for 2022!
Co-Chairs: Rebecca Hayes & KayLeigh Noblin
Rebecca is a junior from Maryland pursuing a joint concentration in biology and anthropology. Last semester she was a junior representative, and she is excited to continue serving on the HoCo Board as co-chair.
KayLeigh is a junior studying Integrative Biology with a secondary in Mind, Brain, & Behavior, originally from northeastern Oklahoma. She was HoCo’s treasurer last semester and is excited to be stepping into the co-chair position this semester!
Junior Reps: Alex Kontoyiannis & Max Garrity-Janger
Alex is a junior in Pfoho studying Economics. This is his second time being a part of the HoCo board, and he is excited to help plan upcoming events for the spring semester.
Max is a junior studying Applied Math with an area of application in Biology. This is his second semester serving as a Junior Representative and he is excited to continue to contribute to the Pfoho community this spring.
Pub Chairs: Mike Mantello & Alexandra Kassinis
Mike is a sophomore from NYC studying Computer Science with a secondary in Molecular and Cellular Biology. He spends his free time playing saxophone in the marching band and working on improving the shuttle system. He can’t wait to continue in his role as co-Pub Chair with Alex this year!
Alexandra is a sophomore studying Environmental Science and Public Policy! She is from Nicosia, Cyprus and is excited to be co-Pub Chair with Mike this semester!
Treasurer: Aryamaan Lakhotia
Aryamaan is a sophomore in Pfoho studying Applied Math - Economics with a secondary in Government. He’s originally from Kolkata, India, and looks forward to being a part of HoCo as the Treasurer!
Quartermaster: Julia Gavel
Julia is a sophomore studying applied mathematics and economics and considering a secondary in slavic studies. She is from Western Massachusetts and enjoys weight lifting, listening to podcasts, and spending time with her friends. This is her first time on the HoCo board and she looks forward to helping with House swag!
Sophomore Rep: Conrad Hock
Conrad is a sophomore studying Molecular and Cellular Biology, considering a secondary in Philosophy. He is from Boston, Massachusetts and enjoys playing soccer and running in his free time. This is his first time on the HoCo board and he looks forward to taking on the position.