- To empower students to responsibly host impromptu / organic social gatherings
- To encourage continued development of an inclusive, safe, and intentional social life in Pfoho's residential community by removing perceived barriers to ‘organic’ socialization.
- To enhance students’ ability to react in real-time to on-campus social developments by providing alternative party spaces within the residence halls.
- To reinforce house values and emphasize the role of safety, community and mutual respect in developing and sustaining on-campus social life.
- To reframe party registration as a step in a joint project of building social life in the residence halls.
- To deepen the discussion around alcohol and sexual assault on campus and ensure that student hosts feel empowered to make a positive impact through mindful planning and bystander intervention.
What is it?
- This policy will be available to members of suites who have expressed or demonstrated interest.
- To qualify, all members of the suite must participate in the DAPA and CARE Party Hosting Workshop on responsible party-hosting. This will be offered on September 7, 8, 14, and 15.
- Once participants have completed the workshop, they must have one in-person conversation with a Senior Tutor, Pfoho Resident Dean or Academic Coordinator concerning safe, responsible, and fun party hosting in Pfoho.
- Once participants have completed the workshop and the in-person party talk, they will be added to the FastPass registration list.
- FastPass registration allows students to by-pass the regular party-registration process and Thursday deadline during weekends when parties are permitted; it allows for impromptu small private parties. FastPass registration is available for In-Suite parties only, not for parties in the Igloo or anywhere else.
- Instead of registering in advance, students can fill out a quick online form and notify the Tutor-on-Call of a same day event up until midnight. Filling out the online form will generate an automatic text to the TOC phone.
What do I need to do?
- Sign up and attend a workshop session. All members of a suite must attend a workshop in order for a suite to qualify. They do not have to attend on the same day.
- Following the workshop, schedule a meeting with Monique Roy, Heather Jacques or a Senior Tutor (Erik Nook, Kate Leach, or David Mou) to discuss safe and responsible party hosting.
- For each party thereafter, FastPass register your party before it begins by filling out the quick google form you received after completing training.
- Confirm receipt with the TOC (the tutor will be in touch or you may call 617-651-1636 if time is short).